Registering on this site is free. Your email address is the only piece of personal information we require. It will remain confidential, and will never be used for commercial purposes or passed on to a third party.
Registering gives you access to an individual Workspace, where you can keep documents you are working on, with the ability to annotate and organise them in folders and export the information. Registering also enables you to use the Corrections facility within the site.
Once you have completed the form below, you will receive an automatically generated email with your username and password. By registering for this site you are agreeing to abide by the terms and conditions outlined below.
Although we need to retain a database with the email addresses of all registered users, you will not be contacted except in response to a request to be reminded of your password or username; or if information stored in your personal workspace is in danger of being corrupted or deleted. Your email will not be passed on to third parties or used to distribute any other information of any kind. Statistics based on the number of registered users, and their IP addresses, may be generated from the database of registered users from time to time.
The Old Bailey Proceedings Online project team reserves the right to close down any registered user's account, and to expunge their saved data without prior warning, if they are found to have breached the site's Copyright and Citation guidelines, or posted inappropriate, libellous or offensive material on the site.
The Old Bailey Proceedings Online project will endeavour to the best of its ability to preserve all the information you contribute, but it cannot be held responsible for any accidental loss of data. Any information which is of vital importance to you should be backed up separately.
By signing up for a user account you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions.
- You should not register more than one user account or use multiple identities. You do not have to give your real name, although we encourage you to do so.
- All information contributed must be as accurate as possible. Any deliberate attempt to provide misleading or incorrect material will result in the immediate cancellation of your account.
- You may not use this website for any commercial or political activity.
- If you use your Old Bailey Proceedings Online user account to access the London Lives user facilities, you must also abide by the separate Terms and Conditions of that site.
- The Old Bailey Proceedings Online project team reserves the right to delete any inappropriate content.
- We take no responsibility for the safe storage of any information you store on this website in your workspace and folders. We recommend that you use the export facilities to backup important workspace data to your own computer.
- See also Copyright and Citation Guidelines